วันอาทิตย์ที่ 28 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

75 Gallon Malawi Aquarium 6.29.2012

75 Gallon Malawi Aquarium 6.29.2012 Tube. Duration : 10.02 Mins.


Update on the 75 gallon tank. Previously I was running two Penguin 350 hob filters, Penguin 1140 power head, and a Tetra power head 30. I was having to vacuum the sand almost every day and change out the filter pad twice a week. When I tried to cut back on the maintenance to one a week the tank got too cloudy but the parameters where still pretty good. I've been thinking about moving to a canister type filter for some bit now and was looking into the idea of using a UV sterilizer for water clarity and to cut down on algae growth. In doing quite a bit of research, I found the Aqua Top CF-500UV. I figured at 575 gallons per hour and rated for a 175 gallon tank, it should do the job on my 75. After setting it up and had it running for two weeks the water was much worse than it was with the two Penguin 350s running. I had the CF-500Uv running for about four days with three of the four spray bar section on. I removed the spray bar for a couple of days to see if it would improve flow, but there was no real change and I didn't have the surface agitation I would like. I tried just about every configuration with the pieces that came with the unit. The canister itself is loaded in order of flow (bottom to top): 1. Corse sponge plus two fine sponges 2. One fine sponge, 2 bags of activated carbon, and one bag of Zeo-Carb 3. One fine sponge and 1500g of ceramic rings 4. One hundred three quarter inch bio balls Plus the UV light has been on for the entire duration. Yesterday, I put my ...

Keywords:

Tags : Activated Carbon

1 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. Amazing post, Thanks for sharing this article this content is very significant for me I really appreciate you. Hope to see such beneficial post ahead to.

    Fluval aquarium

    ตอบลบ